Thursday, October 29, 2015

Berkeley, California Foothills



Today I am visiting my son in Berkeley California. While he is at work I have a chance to explore University of California's campus at Berkeley. It is so beautiful. The small river known as Strawberry Creek runs through the campus and there are many tall, old hardwood trees.



I also found out that the Hayward Fault Zone runs right through the campus too.  In fact it runs straight across California Memorial Stadium.




The Hayward Fault is about 74 miles long, and can cause big earthquakes. I notice that there are signs posted everywhere reminding people to "BE PREPARED" for earthquakes.







Berkeley California is filled with amazing restaurants. We have had Ethiopian,  Japanese, and tonight we are having Indian food. We plan to get 'take-out' and watch the Patriots game at home with some other Nantucket friends. Fun!

Ramen Noodles with Duck
Delicious!








No comments: